The pleasant little town of Pelling is famous for magnificent views of the snow-capped Kanchenjunga range, the third highest peak in the world. Pelling is about 130 km away from Siliguri and 115km from Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim, and is well connected by bus and jeep services. The Placid town pulls most of the visitors for its representative status in history, nature and culture of the state of Sikkim.
Situated at an altitude of 6,800 ft, Pelling offers good view of the entire Kanchenjunga mountain range including Koktang, Kumbhakaran (Jannu), Rathong, Kabru, Kabru Dome, Kanchenjunga, Pandim, Siniolchu and others. This is as close as you can get to the Kanchenjunga range without leaving the material comfort of good hotels. Due to its advantageous location, many hotels and lodges have come up in and around Pelling catering to varied tastes and budgets.
There are two common tours for Pelling Sightseeing. When you take a package tour from us, one of these sightseeings is always included. One is a half day Pelling Sightseeing tour and the other is a full day tour
Half Day Tours - Tourist staying at Pelling only for one night takes the half day tour and post lunch travel to their next destination. You have several options for this.
1. Khechepalri Lake visit -In this tour we will take you towards Khechepalri lake. On the way you will visit Rimbi waterfall, Rock Garden, Kanchenjunga water fall etc. On the way you may also stop over at Darap Eco Village. This is the most common half day tour itinerary in Pelling.
2. If you have shortage of time and do not want to travel much for Sightseeing, you may take our second half day tour option that covers destinations close to town. This tour covers Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabadantse ruins, Tikjuk view point and Helipad ground.
3. Alternatively we can also provide you a half day tour of Pemayangtse Monastery, Sangay Water falls, Dentam valley, Alpine Cheese factory and Sing shore Bridge (One of the highest bridges in the world). Remember this is a longer journey and if you have plans for travel in the afternoon, we may not recommend a long sightseeing in the morning.
Full Day Pelling Sightseeing-Full day Sighseeing is basically a combination of the half day Sighseeing tours. Here you have the following choices.
1. Most tourists choose the Khechepalri lake tour in the first half and local sightseeing around Pelling in the second half.
2. You may visit Khechepalri lake in the morning and then continue your tour further towards Yuksom (on the same route). In addition to the half day Khechepalri tour, you will also visit Phamrong falls, Singing stone, Kathok lake and dubdi monastery (2 km hike) in this tour.
3. Some tourists also combine the half day tour no 1 with 3 as given above.